Beginning the search for the right Seniors Community in Kelowna can be overwhelming. Each Community will offer you a different lifestyle, different hospitality services, and different amenities – it can almost be impossible to choose which one is right for you!
While you might have a rough idea of what you’re looking for when it comes to your ideal retirement living, with all the choices out there you may find yourself asking: “what else should I be looking for in my retirement home?”
To help you find your perfect seniors community, we’ve created a little checklist of what to look for, what to ask, and how to determine what services are available.
Retirement Living Checklist:
- Are meals included? How many?
- Are snacks available?
- Is there an a la carte menu?
- Can I have my meal delivered to my room?
- Are meals designed with senior-specific nutrition needs in mind?
- Is In-suite housekeeping included in my rent?
- How often is housekeeping available?
- Is linen service included?
- How can I access laundry facilities and services?
- How is the recreational calendar developed?
- Are there fitness classes?
- Are there fitness facilities?
- What kind of special events are available?
- Are there group outings?
- What hobby programs are available?
- Is there a courtesy shuttle service?
- What opportunities are there for residents to socialize?
Personal and Medical Care
- What levels of care are available? Will this meet your current and future care needs?
- Is there a registered nurse on site?
- Can I continue to use my doctor?
- What care services are provided in the basic practice?
- What medical professionals are on site?
- What is the procedure for a medical emergency?
- How close is the location to family and friends?
- Are the community grounds well maintained?
- What are the visitor policies?
- How are staff vetted?
- Are pets allowed?
- Is cable/TV/phone included?
- How are the grounds/building secured?
- Is it wheelchair accessible?
- Do suites have accessible bathrooms?
- Are residents happy, active, involved, and friendly to me?
Finding the right retirement community can be complicated – especially when there are so many options to choose from. Hopefully this small checklist gives you some direction of what to look for and what to ask when choosing your potential new home.
At Orchard Gardens we believe seniors deserve our very best, which is why our community offers a variety of amenities, services, and recreational activities designed for your comfort, safety, and enjoyment! For more information on independent senior living in Kelowna contact Orchard Gardens Seniors Community today and book a tour! Call 250.979.0600 or email email@example.com.