Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re just beginning your research about retirement lifestyles, or you’ve been looking into this for a while now, you’re sure to have a few questions. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about Independent Retirement Living in general and Orchard Gardens Retirement in particular. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us — we’re here to make your life easier in any way we can.
Yes. VRS Communities has 11 seniors communities across BC and Alberta, including:
Lakeside Gardens in Nanaimo
Ross Place in Victoria
Pacific Carlton in White Rock
Sunnyside Manor in White Rock
Orchard Gardens in Kelowna
Sunshine Ridge in Osoyoos
Silver Springs in Vernon
Charles Manor in Penticton
Andover Terrace in Salmon Arm
Shuswap Lodge in Salmon Arm
Garneau Hall in Edmonton
Orchard Gardens is an independent and assisted living residence for self-directed living, providing rental accommodation with services and amenities for seniors who can live independently with minimal to moderate support.
Long-term care facilities (such as homes for the aged and nursing homes) are designed for people who require the availability of 24-hour nursing care and supervision, sometimes within a secure setting.
Orchard Gardens chefs use the freshest, highest quality ingredients around. We pride ourselves on our high standard of quality cooking, prepared from basic ingredients. This is your home, and you deserve the best.
Orchard Gardens offers a wide variety of activities and our objective is to provide life-inspiring activities and events that will benefit our residents in every aspect of living. Coordinating opportunities for residents to discover purpose and passion through participating and volunteering, enriching their lives as well as those they serve.
While market rents at a retirement residence may vary by location and suite size, Orchard gardens offers an affordable and enriching lifestyle. All-inclusive Studio suites start at $2,250 per month and one-bedrooms start at $2,750. There are no expensive buy-in fees or long-term leases. Our agreements are all on a month-to-month basis, so we can prove ourselves one day at a time, month after month, year after year.
Please download our free expense calculator worksheet to assist.
Orchard Gardens is pleased to provide a state-of-the-art wireless emergency response system. Should you require assistance during a medical emergency, our staff can respond immediately and dispatch the appropriate help you need 24/7.
Orchard Gardens encourages residents to make their living space their own. Feel free to bring all the comforts, furnishings and décor of your current home to Orchard Gardens.
The Short Stay Program is a trial stay option that may be suitable for older adults and families who wish to learn more about retirement living and how seniors engage with these environments, including living arrangements, dining options and activities. We also provide respite/convalescent stays. For more information, please contact our Sales Manager.
- Three home-cooked meals daily
- Continental breakfast daily
- Snacks & refreshments offered in the Great Room and Country Kitchen
- Libraries and reading room
- Wellness and exercise rooms
- Landscaped gardens with pergola, and patios
- Theatre, multi-purpose activity, and games rooms
- Kitchenettes with sink, fridge, and microwave
- Pre-wired for phone, cable, internet, and individual thermostat
- Fire alarm, sprinkler system, smoke detectors, and emergency lighting
Comfort and Convenience
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Smoke-free environment, air conditioned common areas
- Daily safety checks, and weekly housekeeping
- 24-hour staffing and emergency response
Recreational Programs, Activities, and Services
- Daily social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities
- Exercise, fitness and wellness programs
- Creative pursuits (arts and crafts, knitting, painting, and drawing)
- Worship services
- Hydro, gas, water, and basic cable
“My suite is large and spacious; the meals are creative and colorful. The outdoor-walking grounds are beautifully sculptured. For me, there is nothing missing at Orchard Gardens.”